sunnuntai 4. lokakuuta 2009

Still Alive

Right, it's been a loooong time since my latest post to this blog. I have been meaning to write something a few times but haven't found the time or motivation to do so, so sorry about that.

Obviously my game as the Ottomans ended months ago. I kept notes about the game on a few pieces of paper but the most latest one seems to have gotten lost. :( Anyway, I'll try to finish describing the game based on the remaining notes (until 1972) and my memory and the screenshots I took.

So, previously happened: I started a game as the Ottomans in a map of many islands. Currently it is turn 223, or year 1565, and a Great Prophet is born in Istanbul. I leave him to Edirne to wait for another Great Person to start a Golden Age. I get another Great Prophet a few turns later but d'oh, the Great People need to be of different kinds!

On turn 226 I finally get the Astronomy technology and can start building better ships. Soon after that Gandhi asks for the Civil Service technology and I thought "why not make him happy" and handed it to him. 

Anyway, with my upgraded ships I make contact with Frederick of the Germans. I sell them the Alphabet techonology (how could they not have it even at this point?) and buy their map. I also make contact and peace with Montezuma of the Aztecs. On turn 238 I find a small island with iron, a resource that I don't yet have, so I immediately start preparing a Settler unit for it.

I am currently researching towards the Scientific Method to get some oil. I find a Barbarian city called Visigoth and conquer it right on time, because Scientific Method is researched a few turns after that and oil is found right next to Visigoth! I also establish Diyabakr on the same small island with Visigoth:



I trade some techs with Frederick and get blackmailed by Monty but convince him to just trading. Yet another Great Prophet is born, I use him to discover the Divine Right. On turn 247 I establish a new city called Izmir to a small island far away in the south, next to an iron resource and oil that is in the sea. Then I change my labor civic from serfdom to slavery with the idea of rushing the most important buildings to the new cities. This was not too good an idea, though, as I found out in the future. 

The new cities Diyabakr and Izmir would almost immediately like to join Russia and India, respectively, but I deny them. I finally get iron flowing to my trade network on turn 251, or year 1705. At this point I am leading the second largest civilization, only Frederick is ahead of me...


Ei kommentteja: