torstai 6. marraskuuta 2008

8 to 11am of Time

So, I have explored my continent (minus the Aztec parts) and am sending out my settler to establish another city. I choose to place it south-east from Karakorum, near the Aztecs just to stop them spreading my way. I call the new city Beshbalik.

Right after founding Beshbalik I discover Confucianism. It becomes my main religion. After that I also change my labor civic from Tribalism to Caste System. I should probably mention here that I have automated all my workers after some initial playing with them. I believe they are quite capable of doing their job without me micromanaging them.

I finish my first great wonder, the Stonehenge, on turn 81 (850 BC) in Karakorum. After that I train a settler who proceeds to found a new city, Turfan, to the western end of my continent, right next to not only one but two gold veins.

I proceed by adopting the Hereditary Rule -civic, which actually makes people draw happiness from military units garrisoned to cities. That suits me well, because I am going to start producing more military in fear of the Aztecs... My fears actually come true just a couple of turns later when Montezuma requests an audience and demands that I pay him some money. I don't wish to start the war just yet so I pay him, but this only makes me haste the production of military units. I'll get the money back many times when I loot their burning cities...

Ei kommentteja: