keskiviikko 26. marraskuuta 2008

Good Company

On turn 323 I get queried for my vote in the "Apostolic Palace Election"; I could vote for one of the other leaders but not myself. I have no idea what this is so I choose to abstain. The next turn I'm informed that Pascal II has won the election. Well, good for him, I guess. I know Civ III had the United Nations which you could use to win the Diplomatic Victory, but I don't think they'd add another such possibility... This must be just some minor business. It still bothers me a bit that no one explains me what's going on.

On turn 324 I found Sanchu on the Beaver Island -- in the south-east corner, next to a source of iron. The terrain is mostly desert over there but the place is strategic.

Around this time I also complete the Assembly Line technology, which enables Infantry. Naturally this is not enough so I set the technological target to Robotics, which enables Mechanized Infantry.

It is clear that at some point I must declare a war against England because I want the resources of the Beaver Island. I try to be arrogant towards Churchill and demand that they give me the Music technology for free, but he just gives me the know-how smiling, remarking that he's happy to help. Well, we'll see later how happy he is doing business with me...

Then, a Great Engineer Norbert Rillieux is born in Karakorum! I immediately use him to start the Mining Inc. corporation. Corporations are one of the new features of Beyond the Sword. They work a bit like religions. Mining Inc. consumes coal, iron and some other minerals and increases the production of the cities that it is present in.

Ei kommentteja: