lauantai 8. marraskuuta 2008

Other Worlds

After conquering my continent I realized I had almost completely neglected the research of anything related to naval vessels. This became apparent when I tried to explore the island with the remaining Aztec cities but the Aztec ships quickly sunk my poor boats.

Luckily I already had a prospering research organization and the necessary technologies were quickly studied. On turn 249 I also achieved my long-term scientific goal, rifling, which enables the training of riflemen. Around the same time I was also informed that Mongolia now holds five million people.

So, back to the seafaring technologies. I quickly trained some new ships and sent them out to explore. I soon met Pacal II of the Mayans, Hammurabi of the Babylonians and Winston Churchill of England. Pacal was a bit hostile but it was only words, Churchill on the other hand sold me their world map. No good deed goes unpunished, though: my new fleet of privateers, unmarked rogue ships, destroyed one of Churchill's caravels as well as some other ships by some other civilizations. Tough luck for them.

I then also destroyed the naval resistance of the Aztecs and unloaded my units onto the other island. My first victim city there was Shangian which I burned down because I didn't want to use my resources to defend it. I then captured Texcoco, north from Shangian's remains and finally Tlaxcala, east from where Shangian used to be. This ended the war, because the Aztecs are no more! Here is my current map:

Ei kommentteja: