maanantai 17. marraskuuta 2008

Beaver Island Revisited

Bad news... Churchill has also spotted the Beaver Island and quickly established two cities there. The cities have several resources within their reach, including coal and uranium. I also rush to establish Tiflis near a source of oil, north-east from Circassian, and Otrar, north from Circassian, to hopefully conquer the uranium from England with just its culture.To keep up the good neighbor relationships, I exchange a couple of minor technologies from Churchill for the Replaceable parts. Next, I am contacted by the Mayans who wish to exchange their world map with mine. I deny this request but negotiate another deal: I give them Physics and they give me Drama, Literature, Liberalism and Democracy! Not the worst deal, I think. I choose to change my labor civic from Serfdom to Emancipation and the economy civic from Decentralization to Free Market.

Edit/Add: The Liberalism technology, like all the technologies in the game, comes with a quote from a famous person, in this case Benjamin Franklin. I thought this one was particularly wise:
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

Ei kommentteja: