sunnuntai 21. joulukuuta 2008

The End

Around the time Churchill capitulates Hammurabi completes the United Nations wonder and initiates the U.N. Secretary General elections. The U.N. Secretary General can, in turn, initiate the vote for the diplomatic victory. In the previous post I also noted that I completed the Apollo Program, which allows me to start building the space ship for the space race victory. I also complete Fission which allows me to start building the Manhattan Project wonder, which in turn enables the building of the ultimate Doom's Day weapons, Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles. As if all this wasn't enough, I also get a menacing counter telling me that there's only a hundred turns left. So it is quite obvious that the game is going to end sooner rather than later, the way it will end is just not clear yet.

In any case, I managed to win the U.N. Secretary General election. Me and Pacal voted for myself and Churchill and Hammurabi for Hammurabi. Note that this was shortly before Churchill capitulated, otherwise he would have had to vote for me. After Churchill capitulated I initiated the vote for the diplomatic victory. The sole competitors in this voting were Hammurabi and myself. Unfortunately I did not get enough votes to win -- but neither did Hammurabi. We voted for ourselves, Churchill voted for me and Pacal abstained. Result: I got 247 votes when 260 would've been needed. Well, at least I didn't lose, so the game continues.

In 1980 AD I complete the first part of the space ship, the life support unit. New York and London are complaining: they would wish to join the English empire that, in retrospect, I probably should've conquered entirely. I keep the cities to myself and watch the Mayans and the Babylonians build more and more cities on the lands that I conquered from England. Well, I'm not only watching, I do establish Kazan on the coast, next to a source of silver.


In 1985 AD I enter the Future Era because of finishing the research of Fusion. I complete an ICBM or two and the space ship cockpit before I get another opportunity for the diplomatic victory vote, which I win by receiving 296 votes -- 295 votes was needed. :) I get a score of 9086 and my leadership abilites are compared to Charles de Gaulle. Even though I won, I know I can do better in the future games, as this was my first game of Civilization IV.

The history of the world is summarized in the four images below. Just click them if you want read the texts in them.

Ei kommentteja: