tiistai 9. joulukuuta 2008

War!

On turn 358 I finally declare war on England! I take Oxford on that very same turn and Newcastle just four turns later. This means that Beaver Island is now completely mine! The English Redcoats were no match for my tanks. I also complete the Forbidden Palace in Circassian on the Beaver Island, reducing the city maintenance costs there.

I also dominate the seas: the English sailing vessels are no match for my modern ships. With the support of my war ships I get my first transports to the English mainland. The first fights there yield three dead units from my side and about six of their units dead. Using Marines I also take Liverpool, which is located right next to the Beaver Island on a lone, 1x1 island and was completely defenseless.

In 1947 (turn 367) I get a message informing me that a new computer game called Civilization has been developed in Mongolia. I get to choose whether to sell its rights away, use it to make my citizens happy or, because of it's historical accuracy, use it in the education system and as such use it to boost my scientific research. I choose to use it to boost the scientific research, even though my funds are running low because of the new cities I have conquered... I solve that problem by taking some money away from the research.

I also get my first Mechanized Infantry units and ship them to the war zone. The Redcoats are helpless! In spite of my aggressive war, the Englishmen act like gentleman: they have healed some of my units and returned them to my capital city. This is called a "heroic gesture", but as it happens, no good deed goes unpunished and I just decide to ship the units back to the battlefield.

My units get something to listen to from their field radios when Beshbalik completes the Rock 'n' Roll wonder on turn 376. Maybe because of this they conquer Canterbury immediately. I choose to raze the city because defending it would take too many units out of the main business.

Ei kommentteja: