sunnuntai 28. joulukuuta 2008

Hammurabi

Now that I established Ankara I can use my galley to explore the map. On turn 88 (675 BC) I find a new island with rice, west from my current cities. I enter the Classical Era on turn 90 (625 BC) when my scientist discover Machinery. I set the next research goal to Hunting to get camps, because it turned out that the galley does just fine on its own and I won't need Astronomy any time soon.

On turn 97 (450 BC) I make contact with the leader of the first foreign civilization in this game, Hammurabi of the Babylonians. We agree that there shall be peace on our time and after a couple of turns agree on open borders, too, because I need that to explore the world further.

On turn 107 (200 BC) Tipu Sultan, a great prophet, is born in Islamabad. I use him the next turn to build the holy building of Judaism, the Temple of Solomon, in Edirne.

A while after that I learn the Alphabet-technology, which enables technology trading. On turn 112 I contact Hammurabi. He knows three technologies that I don't and I know three techs that he doesn't. I offer him Monotheism and he gladly gives me Priesthood and Animal Husbandry. The next turn they ask for the Metal Casting technology, but "it's not a rose garden over here either", so I deny them this request.

Istanbul completes the Pyramids on turn 114 (25 BC) and I start training a Settler unit.

Ei kommentteja: