tiistai 30. joulukuuta 2008

The Fate of the Mausoleum of Maussollos

In 75 AD (turn 118) I establish a new city called Bursa on an island west from Ankara. Bursa is established next to a herd of horses. I then start to research Mathematics in order to get the Calendar technology, so that I could build plantations and get some silk. I then change my government civic from Despotism to Representation and the religion civic from Paganism to Organized Religion. On turn 128 (325 AD) I also establish Konya on an island south from Bursa and west from Edirne. The island has mostly jungles but rice and spices too. There is also a tribal village, so I start training a scout to pop it. The scout gets to the village in 520 AD (turn 136) and the villagers give me a settler! I use my scout to explore the Babylonian lands and have my settler wait for a galley to take it away.

On turn 130 (375 AD) I complete the Moai Statues national wonder in Edirne. This is excellent, because the Moai Statues give +1 production from all water tiles for the city it is built in, and most of Edirne's surroundings are water. On the same turn I complete the research of Calendar and start researching Currency.

Some time pass with nothing out of the ordinary. I find a new island south from Konya. The island is very special, because there are three gold veins right next to each other! This definitely calls for a new city, but unfortunately there already exists a Barbarian city called Jute, size 5. I unload a warrior, a scout and a settler for placeholders. There is also a tribal village which is guarded by a Barbarian archer, but as my troops have the high grounds, I doubt they will attack me. I definitely won't attack the fortified archer with just a warrior so I am waiting to get better units to help. On turn 159 another archer kills my warrior but dies attacking my scout the next turn.

The Ottomanian Empire holds 1 millions souls when entering the Medieval Era in 920 AD (turn 159). More or less at the same time Edirne completes the Hanging Gardens. A little afterwards I get reinforcements to the island with the gold and the Barbarians, destroy the archer guarding the village and establish a new city called Samsun.

The subject of this post refers to perhaps the most annoying event that can happen in this game. I was one single turn away from completing the Mausoleum of Maussollos in Istanbul, when I get the message that it has been built in a far away land! The Mausoleum of Maussollos would increase the length of a Golden Age by 50 % and I even had a Great Propher waiting, ready to start the Golden Age. Instead I just had to start the Golden Age without the Mausoleum on turn 175 (1150 AD).

Ei kommentteja: